Your privacy is our priority
BioEden is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BioEden may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st February 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Log information – When you access any service provided by BioEden services via a browser, application or other client, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send emails or other communications to BioEden, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless operator associated with the phone number, the content of the message as well as the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data – BioEden offers location-enabled services inside or as a core element of offerings, such as Location Finders and Mapping applications. If you use those services, BioEden may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a mobile ID).
- Unique application number – Certain services include an application number that is not associated with your account or with you. This number and information about your installation (e.g. operating system type, version number) may be sent to BioEden when you access, install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
What we do with the information we gather
BioEden only shares personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BioEden, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To complete your online enquiry transaction.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps respond to you as an individual by remember previous data stored. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We periodically use traffic log cookies to identify traffic patterns anonymously. This can be optionally blocked by opting out of Google’s Analytics programme.
Externally you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This will prevent the website operating correctly and is an unsupported environment and as such we offer no guarantee of your booking or the correct operation of the web-site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We may sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties and we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Data Protection Act 1998
We are on the Data Protection Register held by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Our Registration number is Z9783766.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to BioEDEN Limited (Company registration number 05968863) whose registered office is at 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, Firth Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 3BD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.